How to Create a Wallet
Frequently Asked Questions
- 01What is Dentacoin (DCN)? Dentacoin (DCN) is a cryptocurrency you can use as a means of payment for dental services and products within the Dentacoin Network. Dentacoin can be stored in a crypto wallet for future value multiplication or exchanged to other (crypto and standard) currencies on multiple international exchange platforms.
Dentacoin has also developed several other Blockchain-based applications, incentivizing users for their contribution. Learn more...
- 02What is a wallet and why do I need it? Crypto wallets allow you to access, store, send, receive and track digital currency holdings whether it is Dentacoin, Ethereum, Civic, Bitcoin, etc.
Cryptocurrency wallets are like an improved, digital version of the leather wallets which you use for cash and credit cards. The main difference is that the crypto wallet can hold hundreds of digital currencies in a secure way, with the additional option to track details such as when, where and how much you spent, received, or withdrew.
- 03How can I create a Dentacoin wallet? You have two main alternatives:
- Creating a wallet via Dentacoin Wallet dApp - it’s user-friendly, easy-to-use and secure.
- Creating a wallet through a third-party provider supporting Dentacoin (DCN) currency.
- 04How do I create a wallet via Dentacoin Wallet dApp? Go to Dentacoin Wallet dApp and create a wallet by simply generating a Secret Key File. To create a wallet type in your desired password in the Create section, then click the “Create” button. You will be prompted to download a Keystore/Secret Key File. It should have a similar file name to “Dentacoin secret key - 0b77abd12b48d51a8a5d740d94b455b377886b72.” A Secret Key File contains all your login information, but its contents are encrypted with your password. Without either one you will not be able to access your wallet. Make sure you store the file in a safe and secured place - that’s the only way to access your wallet and only you are responsible for it. We do not store any user access details.
Every time you need to access your wallet, you will just have to go to Dentacoin Wallet dApp, click on the “Import” section and upload your Secret Key File. Once uploaded, input your password to successfully log in.
WATCH OUR VIDEO TUTORIAL
- 05Which third-party wallets can I use for storing Dentacoin (DCN)? Here is a list with third-party wallet providers you can use for managing your Dentacoin (DCN) tokens:
- 06Can I retrieve a forgotten password for my wallet? Passwords cannot be recovered, or changed! It is not technically possible for security reasons. Make sure you store it at a secure place, preferably also having backups.
- 07I can't find the secret key for my wallet. What to do? Secret key files are automatically generated upon creation of your wallet. They cannot be recovered, nor the password that you used to encrypt them. To complete the creation you need to store the file locally on your device preferably at a secure location. For desktop you can pick the folder it is downloaded to and the same applies for most mobile users. If you can't find the file on your mobile device, check the Root or Downloads folders for Android, or your Notes if you are using iOS.
- 08Why do I need to pay gas fee? Dentacoin is based on the Ethereum network where all transactions are processed against a gas fee, the cost neccessary to perform the payment. The gas fee amount goes to the miners for verifying and processing the transaction. It is measured in the gwei unit, which is 0.000000001ETH.
- 09Where is my backup file? You can find your backup file in the Internal Downloads folder.